Export Microsoft Excel to CSV File in Win OS
Though this is contrary to the official CSV standard, Excel uses the Windows “List Separator” character as the delimiter for CSV files. In English, that’s a comma, but it isn’t a comma for all languages. Try this:
- Go into the Windows Region and Language control panel. The name of that control panel may vary with the version of Windows.
- In that control panel, find the “List Separator” setting.
- Change that setting to commas.
- Apply, exit, and then try save file as CSV again
- Save your file in Excel as a CSV. Instead of semicolons, Excel will use commas as the delimiter.
Change List separator from " ; " to " , " and click Apply and OK.
The generated .CSV file can be used for multiple purpose. Learn more on How to Send SMS using CSV File